/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Dance: The Long and the Short Of It

What a fun, yet challenging, beginner soft shading project! I really enjoyed this. At first, I had problems keeping the floche twisted correctly, but it was so nice to work with once I remembered to keep an eye on the twist. The thread has a very smooth finish, so it has a wonderful sheen, particularly when used in satin stitch. I'm going to have to find ways to use floche in other projects!

Thank you to Marion Scoular for an enjoyable class and a quick, yet effective, teaching project!

8 comments:

Mary Corbet said...

Excellent Job!!! It's really gorgeous!!! REALLY REALLY gorgeous! I do love long and short stitch!

Congratulations on completing the class. It sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous, congratulations

Elizabeth Braun said...

That's quite a piece for a beginner class! Well done, it looks truly lovely!

Pam said...

This is really nice!!

I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. Lots of interesting things. Keep it up.

~Pam

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That is absolutely lovely and those colors are wonderful together.

Be very careful that I don't sneak in your house at night and steal it (big grin)

Pierrette =^..^=

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Yes, it's gorgeous, and don't you just love taking classes from Marion!

AJ said...

hola jeanne,eres fantástica,me encantan tus labores, felicidades desde España.

Sandy said...

This is truly beautiful. I don't have an embroidery machine, but I have done hand embroidery most of my long life. I want to try this thread.