/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I've been baking...

Just in case any of you have been wondering what I've been up to, the answer is "not stitching". The last three evenings, I've been working on my Christmas cookies. Sunday was making several batches of dough, and I've since baked magic cookie bars (sometimes called "7-layer bars"), lemon hearts, applesauce cookies, and jam slices. I still have some to do: gingerbread cutouts, more lemon hearts, russian teacakes, and hazelnut rugelach. I enjoy baking, but I only really do it at this time of year.

During the Saturday gift wrapping session at Barnes & Noble, I pulled out yet another small UFO. This one is the Christmas Treat Bag from Shepherd's Bush. On Saturday, I finished the front design, and I've been working on finishing it into a bag during any bits of free time over the last few days. I still have a bit to go, though. I may be able to finish it tomorrow if there's any stitching time during our ANG holiday party or in our Thursday night "open stitch" at the LNS. I hope to post a photo before the weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love baking cookies, but don't do it often enough. We are, however, having a CookieFest here on Thursday night. Ten to twenty people show up and bake cookies for a couple of hours. I have two stand mixers and a hand mixer, two ovens and six baking sheets. I still have to decide on the recipes for this year. One needs to be little or no bake for the non-cooks (we made Nilla wafer and orange balls last year). And we need at least one (or two) ball recipes for the blind cook (who can rolls balls evenly, but is challenged to measure and mix ingredients.) And it is not Christmas without press cookies (camels, trees, and wreaths). They are all saved for the Holiday Party on Saturday (twenty to thirty people).