Here's a larger version of the slideshow. Canvas pieces definitely dominated this year!
I had set a few goals for 2008. Here's a recap of how I did:
- Enjoy my stitching. Yes, of course!
- Keep blogging. Some months better than others, but I didn't miss too many weeks.
- Continue keeping up with the Jim Wurth ornaments. Yes, and they're all done now!
- More WIP reduction! I'd really like to finish at least 4 of my large WIPs and several small pieces. After this round of my challenge, though, I'll probably switch to finish 3, start 1 (instead of finish 10!). Well, let's see: I finished only 3 large WIPs: Treasured Snowflakes and Trees, ScottLee, and Winds of Color. However, I only completed two small WIPs from the beginning of the year: the Quaker bag and White-throated Hummingbird, and I started many more new projects than I finished for the rest of the year! I think this combination helped me meet my goal of enjoying my stitching, though!
- Complete my new crop of GCC's on time (which means I really have to start one, since the first one is due in April!) I didn't come close to meeting this goal. I only finished one of the three GCCs due over the summer (To The Acorn).
- Start one of the "Seasonal Girls" from Gay Ann Rogers. Yes, started and finished - and enjoyed every stitch!
- Enjoy my stitching.
- Keep blogging.
- Try to finish a few WIPs, and end the year with fewer than I have now. (Unfortunately, I can't get an accurate count now, so I'll just have to count finishes vs. starts for the year!)
- Start the whitework Frances Cheyney sampler from The Essamplaire. (This will be stitched as a SAL with a friend, and I had hoped to start it today, but it can wait.)
Pregnancy ticker: 30 weeks, 6 days.
Based on the ultrasound estimates, BJ is up one half pound in the last two weeks, now weighing in at 3 pounds, 2 ounces. We're still hoping to make it several more weeks!