/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Thursday, April 9, 2009

One delinquent blogger...

Wow. It's been two weeks since my last post. I'm still enjoying Floral Rondel when I get the chance. It's funny. I actually get most of my stitching done when I go to guild meetings or stitch night at the LNS - even though Erin comes with me. At any of these outings, I have an overabundance of babysitters (including Grandma/MIL). They actually start bickering about who gets to hold her, and I take advantage of it! (Though somehow she ends up back with me when the diaper bag is needed. Hmmm...)

Last night was our monthly ANG meeting. For the program portion of the evening, we ran an auction, with 10% of the proceeds going to the local food cupboard. Instead of bringing in a chart, canvas, threads, etc. to auction, I decided to raid my collection of completed projects for something I enjoyed stitching, but which I know I'll never do anything with in terms of framing/finishing. In the end, I settled on my rendition of Ilse Altherr's 17th Century English-Style Sampler, a former EGA group correspondence course. It was stitched on 36ct linen with silks. (I only just realized that I finished it before I started blogging, so I don't think I have a picture of it to show!)

Anyway, after only a few bids (darn economy!), it sold for $100. Our LNS owner sweetened the deal by saying she'd frame it for free if it went for at least $100. What a steal! The really nice part is that the woman who bought it will be putting it in a larger charity auction this fall. I hope it brings joy to someone! That's much better than moldering away in my closet! I'll try to get a picture of it at the LNS once it's framed.

********************************

Erin update: Last week we had our 2 month checkup, complete with the first round of vaccinations. Other than being really upset about getting three shots at that time, Erin is generally a pretty happy baby (though of course she has her moments!).
Hi everybody!

9 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Your floral rondel is coming up so beautifully, but nothing surprising there as whatever you stitch always looks great :-)

Gosh, baby Erin is already 2 months old. It only seems like yesterday you gave birth to her.

With all those early ANG meetings, I bet Erin will turn out a great stitcher too just like her mum (grinning)

Pierrette =^..^=

Front Range Stitcher said...

No wonder everyone wants a chance to hold Erin, she's so beautifully sweet! How generous of you to donate your stitched piece. That was really a steal at $100 and praise your LNS owner for offering to frame it. Rondel is looking great too. Glad you're back.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Glad to know things are going well with both stitching and motherhood. She's a real poppet, isn't she?=) What's the latest on her possible op?

Greetings from your fellow 'delinquent blogger' in the UK!!

AMBER said...

She just keeps getting cuter all the time. Maybe a few more pictures would be nice. Amber

NCPat said...

This piece is just gorgeous as is your stitching! Nice work! No wonder every one is fighting to hold that gorgeous baby!

Katrina said...

Erin is gorgeous! You can never have enough help when they are small. Glad you are able to get in some stitching time.

Love your progress pic.

Edy said...

HI Sweetie...and Mommy too!

Your rondel is coming along beautifully. Good job on donating the piece you weren't going to have use for.
Say Hi to MIL when you get a chance.

Karoline said...

Cute shot of Erin, glad to hear she's doing well.

Floral rondel is looking gorgeous

Beth in IL said...

Erin is a cutie! Enjoy her while she is little. My "baby" is 14 and I need to look up to him! Your stitching is wonderful.