Wow. Thanks to all of you who shared your stories in response to my post on color conversion problems! If you haven't read the comments, please do! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with occasional problems converting threads (though I'm secretly quite jealous of Jane who doesn't have to deal with this, being primarily a painted canvas stitcher).
So now I've got two different versions of my light-colored flower. Lesley commented that maybe the darker version might be too dark, depending on what's around it. I realized after that comment that I didn't really explain that this is used in the side borders, and that these flowers alternate with much darker flowers. It's difficult for me to visualize how this would really look, since I now have three different flowers on one side. This is a perfect time to take advantage of my image editing program!
Here's what the design would look like if I used the darker version of my light flower:
And the lighter version:
Now I've just got to rip out the darker version (Ugh. Frogging queen stitches.) and restitch it, as well as fill in the remaining flowers. Right now, the two on the right actually only have the outlines done.