/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow stitching moms!

I spent part of the day stitching! As I mentioned in one recent post, I am starting to find a bit more time to stitch, and Floral Rondel is showing much progress.

I love the layered, couched patterns used in the three blue flowers, but I've only got one more petal to go on these. The center flower is almost done as well, but I ran out of thread. I couldn't believe it. I've only got that tiny bit at the top left to stitch, but the spool of light pink is empty. Judy Souliotis is taking pity on me and very generously will be sending me more so I can finish!

After those two petals, I've got a bit more brick stitch to do on leaves and curliques. With a bit of backstitch and couched outlining, I'll be done! I'd like to finish this piece before the end of the month.

********************************************
Erin update: The little lady is now up over 11 pounds (unofficially, on my bathroom scale), and we go back to the orthopedic office on Thursday to figure out the next steps for her hips.

Oh - and she's smiling for real now:

11 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Both Floral Rondel and Erin are beautiful works of art! What a smile. Good luck at the orthopedist.

Kathy A. said...

oh hon - that smile is to die for. Erin is so beautiful. Congratulations and welcome to your first of many Happy Mother's Day's Jeanne.

Cheryl said...

Your piece is looking divine! The light play you are getting is amazing!

Karoline said...

What a gorgeous smile :) And Floral Rondel is looking lovely

Unknown said...

Your stitching is LOVELY!!

I hope you had a wonderful mother's day...

NCPat said...

Congratulations on the progress and it is gorgeous! So is Erin! You should be very proud!

Carmen said...

beautiful embroidery. Oh so cute smile!, i hope all be fine and good with the next step with the orthopedist.

Edy said...

Hope you thouroughly enjoyed your first Mother's Day!
Stitching looks great, and OF COURSE, Erin is beautiful!

MeganH said...

Happy Mother's Day, new mother!

AMBER said...

Thank you. That picture of Erin with the big smile just made my day. I just love when you post things about her. I was so happy when she got here and out of danger. I just almost feel like she is one of my grandbabies.
Amber

Mary Corbet said...

Jeanne - the embroidery's beautiful, as usual....

... but ERIN wins hands down for CUTE! The picture on the right made me laugh out loud!