/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Slowly growing grass...

...on my sampler.  (Not the stuff outside - it's been a pretty wet summer and it's growing fast!)

This week I've been filling in the grassy area at the bottom of Blessing.  I'm leaving the areas to be filled in as strawberries empty.  In the last post, you'll see that I started the strawberries on the right side, but I wasn't happy with how the stitch was covering, so I took them out.  I also thought that particular stitch (upright cross) would be more easily worked if I didn't have to count it quite so carefully.  By doing the grass around each berry, now I just need to fill in the blank spaces.  It seems I'm continually trying to take the easy route these days!  Works for me - at least I'm stitching.

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

I agree about the lousy weather. I don't think I have seen DH cut the grass so often before!
Nice progress there. Glad that you are stitching.

Deb said...

Very nice progress on your piece. I like your idea of putting in the grass first and then the strawberries.

Katrina said...

It's so pretty! You are making good progress.

Jeanne - WillowTreeStitcher said...

You're making progress Jeanne - I find doing grass to be kind of boring but yes you're right it will be easier to do the strawberries once the grass is in place. We've had hardly any rain at all even though this is our "rainy season" LOL. Just 2 or 3 little storms all summer long. We are parched!

Edy said...

Nice idea to surround the berries first. Whatever makes lif easier for mother, I say.

Karoline said...

It's looking lovely, great progress