/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Way progress: Block B completed

Yes, My Way is coming along. Here’s my completed block B. Unlike block A, I didn’t make very many changes to this one.

This block was a lot of fun. It used, among other stitches, the sprat’s head stitch, and two stitches designed by Jean Hilton: crescents and double fans. (And since I can’t find any instructions for a double fan online, that will undoubtedly be a future blog post!)

I used a variety of threads in the block. If you look closely, you may be able to spot:

  • Kreinik 1/16” ribbon
  • Caron Impressions and Watercolours
  • DMC floss, #8 and #5 pearl cotton
  • Rainbow Gallery’s Nordic Gold and Neon Rays
  • Gumnuts Blossoms
  • Trebizond from Access Commodities

Despite the variety of textures and stitches, this block isn’t too busy. I like how it turned out.