/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Slow sampler progress

I'm making very slow progress on Examplar IV. The bits of over-one tent stitch, which I'm doing in basketweave, take forever! This is compounded by the fact that I'm using two strands of floss and I'm compulsive about laying any stitches that use multiple strands. (I've tried telling myself that nobody will notice if these tiny stitches aren't laid, but within a dozen stitches I'm reaching for the laying tool because I can tell the difference!)

The red-to-pink blooms in the yellow area are done in spiral trellis stitch. To show this stitch, I'll try to take good pictures of the next flower in progress. I may have to redo the first one because I think I decreased the stitch too quickly as I worked toward the center. It's supposed to have a bit of a three-dimensional effect, but mine doesn't stand out much at all. I think I was over-compensating because my doodle cloth from class ended up with something that looked like a beehive on it because I didn't decrease quickly enough!

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

Slow progress is still progress! :-)

You aren't the only one who lays threads while cross stitching or doing other forms of needlework besides needlepoint! Even though no one else would know it still bothers me! LOL

The only time I don't lay threads is when I'm working on the Mill Hill beaded kits as I'm not worrying about laying three strands of floss on perforated paper! :-)

Your sampler is looking beautiful and the flower looks fine from this picture but I'd love to see one of a close up of the flower.

Thanks for sharing as I'm enjoying seeing your progress on this project.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Ruth M. said...

This is BEautiful!!