/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Monday, August 11, 2008

The center

The center stitch was so much fun! After yet another jessica stitch (the last one, I think!!!!!) the other stitches are arranged around it in almost a "string art" fashion. The large open areas above and below the center will require some thinking on my part. Jean Hilton, who designed this beauty, used a fairly dense stitch, and I'm not sure I like the heaviness of it. She did, however, give two other options for these areas, but didn't specify colors. This will need some experimentation, and, no doubt, some ripping!

The good news is - the end is in sight!! :-)

To Ruth, who asked how I acquired this pattern: I was actually given the pattern by somebody who took Jean's class and finished the piece. It is not available on the market. Jean (to my knowledge) has only taught ScottLee twice - once at a national seminar, and last year to a group in Phoenix.

8 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

My, oh my, that is one gorgeous piece. The jessica stitch looks interesting.

NCPat said...

The perfect stitch for the center. Beautiful work!

MNStitcher said...

Absolutely a beautiful piece. Any chance you would be willing to part with the pattern after you are done?

Mary Corbet said...

WOW!!!

Sherry said...

WOW! Just beautiful!

Ruth M. said...

Beautiful, beautiful. Thnaks for etting back t me on the availabilty. I will just have to drool over yours =)

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous piece! I can't wait to see what you do with the background. Maybe Jean Hilton's stitch would work if you used a lighter weight thread than she did?

Kathy A. said...

My goodness girl that is just stunning!!! Congrats on such a beautiful piece.