/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Basketweave and eyelets

And more basketweave and eyelets. That's what I've been doing with my stitching time this past week.This is the beginning of My Way, the class I'm taking with Carolyn Mitchell in two weeks. I'm glad this was only in one strand of pearl cotton 8. (Since she couldn't get the right color in pearl 8, MIL is doing hers in three strands of floss and laying each stitch. Talk about making a long job take even longer!)

From here, I've got to do some satin stitches around the eyelets to fill out the border, then herringbone to outline the border. Then I'll be ready for the class!

For a little variety, those of us in my local EGA chapter who are taking the Summer Dream stumpwork GCC are getting together tonight to kick off our projects. I'm looking forward to the change of pace!

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

Such a pretty color!

Is there somewhere that we can see the finished class piece? Or we can just wait to see as you stitch the project. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne!

About your Strawberry Girl--she's beautiful!! I own this pattern and am close to starting it. Did you change any of the greens? I'm thinking my greens are grayer? I love yours, very much.

Colleen