/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Housebound, Day 1

Last Saturday, I had started a post about working though the Challenge Ornament from Gay Ann Rogers. All the pictures were uploaded to Blogger before DH and I had to run some errands. I had planned to finish the post Saturday evening.

Little did I know that I was not going to be home Saturday evening, or at all until last night. Due to complications with the pregnancy, I've been in the hospital. Instead of writing my blog post, I spent Saturday night and Sunday being poked and prodded, being reviewed by anesthesiologists in case of an emergency C-section, talking to NICU about the possibility of caring for a baby born 12 weeks early, considering the possibility that I might need to be in the hospital for the next three months, and praying that it was all "just in case" and that the symptoms would clear up enough to let me go home.

Fortunately, the prayers were heard. I'm home, after the majority of my symptoms cleared up by Monday afternoon. I'm on "bedrest with bathroom privileges", but at least I can be home instead of in the hospital. The good news is that I can sit up, so at least I'll be able to stitch so I don't go completely crazy.

Later today or tomorrow, I'll finish that post about the ornament!

14 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

EEEEEEKKKKK!

Rest, sweetie, rest. We are all pulling for you to be able to lounge around, stitching, through the holidays and beyond to make sure the little one is safe and you get to enjoy stitching some fun things to occupy your mind.

Anna van Schurman said...

Though it's scary, what a great excuse to laze about stitching! Wow. Stay healthy.

jdnrob said...

Take care of yourself and your precious cargo!!!

I'll say some prayers for you and your little one! Think good thoughts!!!!!!

Joanie R.

Kathy A. said...

Oh hon, I am glad that things turned out okay for you. That must have been a very frightening time. Keep your feet up and stitch away.

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

Oh my goodness!

I'm glad to hear that you and the baby are doing better. Well wishes and prayers are headed your way.

Rest and take care of yourself and the baby. If you can blog fine, if not, we'll see you later.

Hugs!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Beth in IL said...

I will be praying for you. Rest like the doctor's say. Glad you are able to stitch while in bed.
Beth in IL

Karoline said...

Sorry to hear about the complications but the rest and stitching sounds good to me. Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy I hope there are no more scares.

MeganH said...

oh good Lord!

Look after yourself! (I'm sure that you are :-)

Anonymous said...

What a challenging time you've been through. I'm wishing you and the baby all the best as you finish this pregnancy (preferably 12 weeks from now). Rest, stitch, and blog when you can.
Nancy

Edy said...

Jeanne...I was worried about you - not "normal" for you not to write more often. I was even getting ready to write to your MIL.
Glad to hear that you are home -- rest is good -- remember there won't be much after baby comes!

Edy in NYC

Mary Corbet said...

Oh gosh! I'm glad to hear you are back home and on bedrest and that you and the baby are ok! I hope all goes well for the remainder!

Get lots of rest!

Best wishes -
Mary

Karol said...

My prayers are with you and your little one. Get plenty of rest and enjoy your time stitching.

BW said...

My heart and thoughts are with you all. Here's hoping that the next 12 weeks go by quickly for you and that you get LOTS of stitching done. :D

Katrina said...

Glad you are home! Lots of good thoughts and prayers for you and your baby. Hope you get lots of stitching done :-).