/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Monday, March 26, 2007

New Stash (including lots of Quaker Samplers)!

Wow! What a surprise at the mailbox today! TWO packages! The first, I was expecting. I've been waiting on the color I'd chosen for Gay Ann Rogers' Redwork Mystery. I'm using Winterberry 1431 from Hand-Dyed Fibers by Vikki Clayton. I was undecided on the fabric color, though, so I did a floss toss:

After a consultation with DH, I decided on the second darkest fabric, which is Pearl Linen in natural. Pearl linen is a 25 ct linen and polyester blend with a great drape and body and fairly small holes. It looks and feels very dense, which I like much better than very loosely woven, stiff linen. The pic at left shows the thread on this fabric.

Also from Vikki, I received the chart for Victoria's Quaker from A Mon Amie Pierre. To top it off, though, I received my order from Criss Cross Row. Knowing that the owner has been dealing with an illness in the family, I wasn't in a rush to get this, but I'm glad it came, since several of these items are going OOP! I received the Ann Trump and Martha Brady Quaker samplers from Needleprint. (My apologies for the glare in the pic!)

Best of all was the last item in the CCR order - Carol Humphrey's Quaker School Girl Samplers from Ackworth. I admit, I had had my doubts, but this book is wort
h every penny. It's 232 pages, hardcover, and 12" by 9.5" with great color pictures on almost every page, with what looks like an amazing amount of research in between. The best surprise was when I took off the dust jacket so it wouldn't get ruined from all the handling this is going to get in the near future. The dust jacket actually opens up to reveal a chart for Mary Thompson's medallion sampler!
That's all for today - I need to go stitch and finish something if I have any hopes of getting to any of these relatively soon!!

No comments: