/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Saturday, August 2, 2008

July recap & August goals

July didn't quite work out as I had planned, but I enjoyed my stitching anyway. My goals were:

  • Keep blogging, aiming for 3-4 posts per week. This was my worst month of the year! Only 7 posts in July!
  • Stick to my rotation. Ummm... No. The rotation went out the window!
  • Finish Cinders. Another no, though I made progress.
  • Finish Part 2 of Mystery in a Corner. Yes!
  • Work on WIPs. Yes! Both ScottLee and Examplar IV saw a lot of progress.
  • Start one of the GCC's (Victorian Bonnet) that will be due this fall. Nope. I really do want to finish Cinders first.
  • Start Strawberry Girl by Gay Ann Rogers. I was going to start this when I finished the mystery, and I put the congress cloth on stretcher bars, but I was short two threads and had to special order them at the LNS. By the time they came in, I was engrossed in ScottLee, so I think I'll finish it first.
I've gone back to the "focus piece" method of stitching, in which I work on a single piece as long as it keeps my interest. This really seems to work for me.

******************************************
For August, here are my goals:
  • Keep blogging.
  • Enjoy my stitching!
  • Work on WIPs, and finish something!
  • Start Strawberry Girl by Gay Ann Rogers.
  • Make it to Louisville (for the EGA seminar) safely, and prepare for a great time the first week of September!!!! I'll be taking Chris Berry's Tudor Style Purse.
Is anyone else headed to Louisville? Please leave a comment!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I need to go back to the focus method as well. Seems like I get distracted if I have too many WIP