This evening was our local EGA chapter's holiday party. Instead of doing a potluck dinner, for the last several years we've opted to go out to a nice restaurant and just enjoy each others' company. Tonight's dinner was at a locally-owned Italian restaurant. The food (capellini pomodoro for me) was delicious and the conversation quite varied and fun.
The highlight of the evening was the opportunity drawing. MIL, in her capacity as chairperson for "Ways and Means" (a.k.a. chapter fundraising), had put together a lovely holiday basket. Not expecting anything, since I never win these things, I donated my $5 for 6 tickets. Our waiter drew a ticket, and I was very pleasantly surprised! I can no longer say I never win! :-)
I brought the basket home, and Sophie seemed to approve (either that or she thought it smelled like Grandma).
So, what was in it, you ask? What better than stitching stash & chocolate? Specifically, several types of chocolate truffles and other such goodies, plus:
- a "floss stick" to keep floss colors together for a project
- a kit for a perforated paper snowman ornament
- Christmas Keepsakes, a Leisure Arts book
- A Potpourri of Pillows, a hardanger book by Janice Love
- Gloriana angel chart by Just Nan
- the chart for a small rustic Christmas sampler
- instructions for a small angel doll ornament
- a painted canvas for a Scottish nutcracker ornament
- a kit for a Joan Thomasson Santa, complete with painted canvas, stitch guide, and all threads!