In my last post (way too long ago!), I showed my color palette for an upcoming Margaret Bendig class.
With my Antelope Canyon pictures in mind, my first task was to find an overdyed thread for the dividing bands between the many blocks in the project. In Margaret's original, she used three strands of a floss-weight thread. I decided to take the easy (lazy?) way out, and instead looked for a heavier-weight thread. With a larger thread, I could use just one strand, and wouldn't have to lay miles of long-arm cross. In this search, I felt a bit like Goldilocks:
- Perle-5-weight threads (Watercolours or Overture): Too Heavy!
- Perle-12-weight threads (Wildflowers): Too Skimpy!
- Perle-8-weight threads (Impressions): Just Right! So I bought some, in "Flame".
At this point, I hadn't found any other threads. Once home, I headed for my stash. I discovered that I have a LOT of lavender threads, but had a few in other colors. Here's what I came up with:
As you can see, I'd already started the borders when the picture above was taken, but I'll save the pictures of border progress for another post!