/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Saturday, August 11, 2007

More gold and another ornament

Between having to get up to be at work disgustingly early the last few weeks (and hence having to head to bed early) and having something going several evenings this week, it's been almost a week since I've posted! I have been able to make some progress on the shamrock, though. The portion I'm working on now requires each length of gold to be cut to exactly (emphasis in the GCC text by Michele Roberts) the right length before it is stitched down, and this makes it very slow going. However, I think it's looking pretty good.

On Wednesday, I received the newest installment in Jim Wurth's Dodecagon series of ornaments, The Baroness Edie. (Where does he come up with these names? I'm never going to remember this!) Anyway, strange name or not, the colors are yummy. I took one look at them and thought "Easter egg". We have bright pinks, lavenders, yellows, and pale greens on dark green canvas. Since I couldn't work on the shamrock during our sit-n-stitch Thursday, I started the outline for this piece.Today I finally managed to get the goldwork hearts mailed off to Michele Roberts for evaluation. I also received the next installment of the Gay Ann Rogers mystery sampler - the library. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get onto Gay Ann's website right now, so I can't show you what the library looks like!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you are working on goldwork...so that I don't have to. ;-) It is quite lovely, but too picky for my casual style of needlework. Your new project is gorgeous.