/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Blogoversary & Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's a double celebration here on Just String today.

Of course, it's St. Patrick's Day! I'm only Irish by marriage, but everyone's Irish today, right?

It also happens to be my blogoversary! I have no recollection why I might have chosen St. Patty's day to start my blog. I don't think it was a conscious decision. It just happened! If you missed it, you can check out my very first post here.

It's been a fun year, and when I look back, I realize I accomplished quite a lot of stitching. I also managed 178 posts over the course of the year, and "met" several friends. Thank you all for visiting! Your comments always make my day!

To celebrate, here's a slideshow of all the pieces I've finished over the past year. I really think sharing my progress on this blog helps me focus on actually completing things. When I think about the challenges I've set for myself, I consider them more seriously because I've shared them. Any of you could call me out if I just blow them off! :-) Thank you!!



My apologies for not posting any freebies as I usually do for holidays. I'll try to remember on the 16th next year!

7 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Wow! Happy St. Patricks Day and Happy Blogaversary!
You have accomplished many beautiful things this past year. Congratulatons

Ruth said...

Well happy blogiversary and happy St. Pat's. You're right, we're all Irish today. :)

Love to Stitch 99 said...

What a wonderful idea to have that slide show.

You have done some absolutely wonderful projects ... and I love that Goldwork project that you are showcasing in this post. Love the other one too (big grin).

Looking forward to see all the other projects that you will be starting/completing in the coming year.

Pierrette =^..^=

gottastitch said...

I found your blog several months ago and have really enjoyed seeing your projects and the inspiration to work on those UFOs. Your work is beautiful and I enjoy seeing the pictures as well as reading your blogs. Thank you for sharing.

Milly~ said...

Happy Blogaversary (LOVE the word). Enjoyed the slide of your finishes immensely. Beautiful work.

Elizabeth Braun said...

I agree that blogging can be a real incentive to get on with stuff - keeping your readers happy, keen and satisfied enough to come back often!! Shame I haven't been making the geade of late....

Anyway, I must do one of those photo thingies in June when it's my blog-o-versary!

Lelia said...

Happy Blog-anniversary! happy first day of spring. Beautiful projects in your slide show : )