/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Recent stash acquisitions

Ever since I saw Elisabeth's review of the new Alison Cole book All That Glitters, I've been hoping my LNS would get it in. Much to my surprise, the owner did have one copy in last week, and three of us in the Thursday night group signed up to get the three additional copies coming in. They showed up this week. This book has wonderful photos of some really amazing embroidery, in addition to decent illustrations and instructions for those techniques specific to goldwork and stumpwork. While I won't be starting anything like these projects anytime soon, it's fun to read through and be awed by the work!

Yesterday I took the day off from work. MIL and I went to a not-so-LNS about two hours away. A Stitcher's Garden has a different selection than some of our more local shops, tending more toward samplers, including lots of hand-dyed linen. Between thumbing through these and a good sampling of the new stuff from the Nashville market, we both left the store with some fun new purchases!

I purchased:

  • A Very Good Year by Prairie Moon. I probably won't stitch this as shown, but I really liked the three medallions!
  • Seasons of the Trees by Rosewood Manor. I already have the chart for And a Forest Grew, and couldn't resist this companion.
  • AlphaBlu by Courtney Collection, with 36ct Golden Harvest linen from R&R Reproductions. This will go really well with the framed Celtic Banner from MLI hanging in my dining room. I'm thinking that Vikki Clayton's Kodiakery will work well with this fabric, and I just happen to have a spool of it!
  • Small pieces (around 7" x 9") of 40 ct Daily Grind and Creme Brulee from R&R. These will work for future exchange pieces.
I'm hoping to post again tomorrow, but if I don't get around to it, I hope everyone (who celebrates it) has a very happy and blessed Easter!

1 comment: