/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Friday, June 12, 2009

Band 1 and extra thread

I'm doing a mini happy dance because I've finished the first band of Hannah Thornbush. It doesn't look like much, but it's a victory because I actually remembered to consistently stitch over three threads of linen instead of the usual two. Hopefully having the first band done correctly will help make spacing the remaining bands easier.
The other news is that I received more of the light pink Soie Ovale needed for my Floral Rondel. It's not obvious in the picture, but this spool seems a tiny bit lighter than the previous spool. I may need to overstitch some of the existing satin stitches so this color will blend in rather than having an abrupt transition. I'll try it first to see if the difference is obvious.
We'll see if my hands function well enough for me to finish this piece over the weekend. I have an appointment with a neurologist on June 24th. At that time, I'll have a nerve conduction study done to see exactly where the nerves are being pinched. Then the doctor can determine how to treat the problem.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I have Frances Burwell and the over three freaks me out. Love your HT piece.

It's so annoying when the dyelots are different. Hope you don't have to compensate too much.

Glenna said...

So pretty--and it's funny how close the colors are in these two unrelated projects--at least on my monitor. So much work just to get the project started--argh!

Deb said...

I just love your Floral Rondel - it is simply amazing. I usually stick with xstitch, but occasionally I love different things, and that would be right up my alley. Love your HT too. I can't imagine trying to keep track of stitching over three!

MeganH said...

i am so excited about watching thornbush develop.

half way down, those roses aren't raised, are they?

typed with cat on lap

Karoline said...

Great start on Hannah, I hope the dye lots work out for you.