/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Since you asked: Hannah Thornbush update

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that I had been doing a bit of stitching on the Hannah Thornbush sampler from The Essamplaire. A couple of you asked about my progress.

I haven't made a whole lot of headway here. I did manage to finish band 3, and made a bit of a start on band 4.

Almost all of the stitching on these two bands thus far is a version of marking cross. This version of marking cross results in

X|X|X|X|X

on the front of the stitching (that is, crosses with vertical stitches between them). This can also be done in vertical rows with horizontal stitches between each cross, and my piece has both, depending on which is easier to stitch at any given portion fo the design.

The reverse (back) side of this version of marking cross looks like regular cross stitch.

Thanks for asking about Hannah's progress!

1 comment:

Karoline said...

Hannah is looking gorgeous