/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Are there ANY finishes in sight?

Ok. I'm really frustrated with my pile of WIPs.

Over the past few weeks, I've been stumbling back and forth between Celebration Santa, Hannah Thornbush, and Potpourri.

On top of that, I've just received the instructions for the EGA correspondence course Cleopatra's Cat and the kit for the first project in Tricia Wilson Nguyen's Gold Master Class.

Aaaaacccckkkkk!

I need to get a few things finished and out of the seemingly bottomless pile of projects in progress. I'm deliberately choosing a few pieces that haven't seen the light of day in a while, in hopes that they'll each inspire me to stick with them long enough to finish them!

Here's the list:

Anyone want to join me in finishing a few projects from their own WIP piles?

6 comments:

Juels said...

I know the feeling! I have to finish 2 major projects before I will move on to the Floral Glove and Gold Masterclass projects. And I am really itching to get there. In the meantime, I decided to do some practice stitching on a doodle cloth for the Masterclass.

How is Hannah Thornbush coming along?

Anonymous said...

I'm also working on the the EGA Cat and the Goldwork Class, and I also went back to an OLD WIP - the Goldwork Heart I from EGA (which I know you finished). My pace on WIP will be slow as I'm only working on it twice a month with a friend who is also trying to finish hers, but I expect to see steady progress this time - DVD

Susan said...

I feel your frustration! I have a number of WIP's and UFO's - all large projects, part finished. Time to grit my teeth and get them done. Yours are all lovely so hang in there! By the way, if the Japanese needle is still squeaking try sanding it a bit with very fine sandpaper. It works in Japanese silk embroidery so it may be worth a try.

MeganH said...

I was thinking of you and Hannah Thornbush just last night ......

You know what I've got to do - my Sampler - just the one piece - but now I'm going to put a background on it. Lots of stitching! Plus still trying to learn as many Elizabethan stitches as poss to make it interesting.

Mary Corbet said...

Oh, I know the feeling. I'm at the point where I need to get certain things FINISHED, so they're getting priority attention. After they're finished, I'm going to sit down and figure out what I want to do above everything else, and then hope that holds me through to another finish. I do like having a couple projects going at once, but I don't like it when I over-start projects and they start nagging me!

Sylvia said...

I feel your pain. My WIP list has expanded this year. I have only gotten one project done so far but I have added 6 to a WIP list that already boasted 7 large projects. All my existing WIPs from last year are cross stitch and I wanted to try some new types of needlework. So I am going to clamp down on my desire to start new projects for a while and finish off projects for a while. A couple of my newer projects are small so if I focus on them I will get them done quickly. I need to do that so I have something to show on my blog.