/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A twining vine

There was almost no progress on Examplar IV on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Wednesday was our ANG meeting, and I led another session of stitching on Gay Ann's Mystery in a Corner. On Thursday, I was late getting to the LNS stitch night, and then spent quite a lot of time with the owner trying to figure out how Winds of Color should be framed. With so many vivid colors in the piece, finding a mat and frame that would complement it was very difficult. It was also hard to figure out how something would look with a round cut mat in a square frame, especially since all of the sample mats were the standard right-angle cut. I'm glad we persevered, though, because I think it will be stunning. I'll be sure to share pictures when I get it back.

On Friday night, I worked on the next motif on Examplar IV. Here's where I left it at the end of the day.

I was able to spend several hours stitching yesterday, and made fairly good progress on this. It may not look like much, but the base of each of the flowers is done in trellis stitch, which takes a lot of time and concentration (for me, at least) to come out evenly.

Once again I'm finding that things actually get done when you spend time working on them! :-)

5 comments:

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous Jeanne, great progress

Katrina said...

It's so pretty! I am enjoying watching this piece's progression. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Corbet said...

Gorgeous work so far! I love this sampler - everything about it!

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

You are making great progress!

I know how you feel, sometimes we just have to plant the tuckus in the chair to get anything done. Funny how that works! :-)

Do I dare ask how "Cinders" is doing? :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Joanie R. from the Corning EGA. I just by chance came across your blog, and was thrilled to find I have met you! We were in the Cinders class together. By the way, have you finished yours yet? I'm still working on mine.
Will be checking out your blog Jeanne now that I have found it. You have finished some spectacular designs!!!!!