/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back to My Way

To scratch my itch for canvaswork, I've again picked up My Way, which was started almost a year ago.  To recap, the class with Carolyn Mitchell was in November 2008, but the borders were done as prework to the class.  Each stitcher picked her own colors to fill in this six-block pattern.  I chose mulberry and turquoise, with a "neutral" family of bluish-gray.  I was unsuccessful in finding all of the colors I needed in the threads called out in the instructions, so I'm winging it in some cases.


This week, I've been working on Block G.  How do we have block G if there are only six blocks?  Well, that was part of making the design "my way" for each stitcher.  We have seven blocks to choose from.

I'm not at all sold on keeping the center hearts as the lightest turquoise, mostly because it doesn't really pop.  This shade is too close to the blue-gray of the border.  I may replace this with a medium shade if it doesn't work with the rest of the design, but for now I'll leave it.

Here's the whole thing so far.  I'm deliberately leaving each block only partially done so I can make changes if the whole design doesn't balance.

Up next:  the corner of this block.  Stay tuned!

**************************
Erin update:  CAST-OFF COUNTDOWN:  1 day, 3 hours.
Of course, she finally slept well last night.  Rather than waking every 3-4 hours like she has ever since being casted, she slept straight through from 11PM to 6:30AM.  Figures.  And now we're going to disrupt that by taking the cast off!

4 comments:

Deb said...

That's a beautiful canvas. I take it that it was only available through the class (didn't see it on the website)? Figures - I always love what I can't get. Can't wait to see more progress on this.

Hopefully Erin will sleep even better when the cast comes off.

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful piece. I love the colorway you are using. Have fun!

tintocktap said...

My Way really looks beautiful! Like Deb, I'd love to get my hands on it too!

Good luck to Erin with the cast removal!

MeganH said...

Oh Gosh - only a day and a bit!!!!!!
Hope all goes perfectly