Since I don't have a one-for-one match for all of the threads originally used on My Way, I need to play with my threads and colors for each area. (Tough job, but somebody's got to do it.) Before I start stitching either the corner or center of a block, I go through my threads and select replacements for the called-for threads in that area. Rather than just assuming I'll always use thread X in place of original thread Y, I like to see how all the pulled threads work together.
Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Case in point - the original threads I pulled for the corners on my block G:
I wondered what would happen if I changed that band to a dark gray-blue from my neutrals family. Here's the result: