All of the flowers are "supposed" to be filled in like the one on the left, but I really like them just with the outside areas done. I can't really pull out the central areas of the bottom left flower due to the fabric distortion caused by the queen stitches, though. Right now I'm going to proceed with filling in the flowers off of the vines on each side, but leave the center plant as it is.
There's also supposed to be some small vines in freehand surface embroidery in the empty areas next to the squirrel and the bunny, but I think I like the space there for now. We'll see how this looks as I get more of the sampler done. I can always add them later.
I really do want to finish this sampler this year (after all, I've already added the year), but I've got an itch to do some canvas work. I'm going to pull out Carolyn Mitchell's My Way, which I started last year before my pregnancy eliminated my ability to work on large canvases mounted on stretcher bars!
Erin update: CAST-OFF COUNTDOWN: 6 days to go!