/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Saturday, November 28, 2009

WIP: Drawn Thread Sampler #2 (by Jonalene Gutwein)

Today's featured WIP is Jonalene Gutwein's Drawn Thread Sampler #2.


Technique/Materials:  Cross stitch and drawn thread (obviously!) with cotton and linen threads on 28ct linen.

Background:  This sampler is a retired correspondence course from EGA. I took the course in 2002 or 2003 with the CyberStitchers chapter. I changed the color of the cross stitched areas from the original, but I don't think I planned any other changes. The picture here is of Jonalene's original.

Why it's not done:  I think I wasn't happy with the way it was coming out. I didn't like the brown color I had chosen. The knots seemed to keep slipping in the drawn thread areas. I think I just became frustrated and set it aside.

What's left to do:  The bottom three-quarters of the sampler, plus the butterfly in the upper left corner and the hemstitch all the way around.

2 comments:

Donna said...

I think it looks great! Keep going.

Racaire said...

looks lovely :)