/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Saturday, November 14, 2009

WIP: Green Ornament (from Kathy Schenkel)

I think I actually have fewer stitches in today's WIP than yesterday's, but I've got more of the piece completed.  This is a rare small project for me.  Today's featured WIP is a handpainted canvas ornament from Kathy Schenkel.


Technique/Materials:  Various (mostly yet undetermined) stitches on handpainted 18ct mono canvas. I've pulled a bunch of appropriate threads from my stash. So far, I'm using Felicity's Garden (a thread I've never used before, only have one skein of, and it happens to be a perfect dark green), Vineyard Silk, and Kreinik 1/16" ribbon.

Background:  I picked this canvas up last year when my LNS hosted a Kathy Schenkel trunk show. When contemplating what stitches to use, the scalloped area just cried out to be stitched in Bargello, so that's where I started! I'm not sure what I'm doing for the rest yet.

Why it's not done:  This is another "desk" project, and I don't often pull it out at lunch. If I do, it only gets about ten minutes of attention. Never mind this sat in my desk for four months while I was out on bedrest/maternity leave last winter.

What's left to do:  The rest of the Bargello, the center band, and the gold ornament top. Now that I've brought it home to photograph it, I may just spend a couple of evenings finishing it.

****************************
A long-overdue Erin update:  On Halloween, I posted pictures of Erin in her jack o'lantern costume, but I neglected to mention that she decided to try to complete the outfit by cutting her first tooth that day. Now, that tooth is becoming visible in pictures.

Her new favorite pastime is pulling off her socks.

But like mommy, she can sometimes be distracted by fabric textures.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Love the ornament!

Erin is so sweet. What a cutie pie and it's nice to see her without the casts on.

Edy said...

My, my, what progress we are making! Way to go Erin! Socks only get in the way of those darling little toes!

Oh, Mom's stitching looks like some progress will be made there too!

Kathy A. said...

My goodness girl are you sure you want to keep digging into your WIP basket? I can't believe all those beautiful projects.
I hope you see some finishes in the near future.
Nice to see an update photo of Erin. That little tooth sticking out is so cute.

Chains of Demonology said...

Nicce blog post