/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Monday, November 30, 2009

WIP: Blue Hardanger (original)

Hooray! It's November 30! I made it through NaBloPoMo, though it was a close call with a late post yesterday. Time for one last featured WIP. It is another original design that I refer to as the Blue Hardanger.


Technique/Materials:  Hardanger on 25ct lugana.  The kloster blocks and buttonhole are stitched in Caron's Watercolours.  The rest of the stitching is in pearl cotton.

Background:  I think I started this around 8 years ago. Unlike the pastel hardanger, I started working this one from the inside out. I figured out the octagon shape, then created a nine-patch of octagons, figuring out the outside border after that.

Why it's not done:  I really hate sounding like a broke record, so you can fill in the blanks. Worked in-hand, nerve problems, yada yada.

What's left to do:  The remaining buttonhole around the outside, and all of the filling stitches, both the dove's eyes and needleweaving inside the octagon shapes and the larger blocks that will allow for fancier stitches.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Jeanne, this is beautiful. I love the blue you chose.

Anonymous said...

I really like this one! Can't wait to see it all finished. Good job on the design as well.

Susan D said...

I have really enjoyed this month's posts. Work in progress is fun to see and your pieces are all lovely. I hope that you will continue blogging regularly and perhaps find the time to work on some of these WIP's.

I am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Rosali said...

Su borgado hardanger es muy hermoso, gracias por compartir

Jeanne said...

Thanks, everyone!

Muchas gracias, Rosali!