/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mojo or mood swings?

Do you find you have to be in a certain "mood" to do certain types of stitching? Or maybe there are different types of stitching "mojo". Apparently my "stitch-laying mojo" has gone out the window, because the last thing I've wanted to do over the last few days is to pick up a laying tool.

Unfortunately, that means that Camelot is out of the picture until I feel like laying stitches again. The vast part of what's left on this piece is laid stitches with three strands of floss.

In any case, my "single strand sampler stitching mojo" (4S mojo?) is here in full force. Just the brief break to start Camelot worked to refocus my efforts yet again on To the Acorn. I've skipped the cutwork portions for now, and am nearing the bottom of the sampler! The band in progress has the numbers of the year alternating with pulled-work patches. The only large band left is the same as the top wide band, just inverted. (Please click to see a bigger picture. This is Blogger's large picture setting. Apparently it has to do with the height of the picture, and the length of this sampler makes the picture show up small, no matter what the setting!)

6 comments:

Kathie said...

You've really come along way on your To The Acorn piece since your last posting of it. I must get mine back out and start again. It's looking great! I may also take your suggestion and leave the cutwork until last. Sounds like a great idea!

Kathie

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful piece and your stitching is wonderful!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love this sampler and its colours!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Jeanne,

I am just like you. I need to be in the mood to work on certain projects, so I agree with you it is best to just put Camelot aside for now and then take it out again when you feel like it.

As for your Acorn piece, it is really coming along nicely and I do love your choice of colors, a lot.

Pierrette =^..^=

Jeanne said...

Wow Jeanne - "To The Acorn" is gorgeous! I love the colors you're doing. I searched on this pattern - is it a group class only pattern? I would love to stitch this piece - I have a special fondness for all things 'autumnal' and love acorns!

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous, nice progresss