I'm very happy to share the news that ANG has a brand-new online chapter! If you've always wanted to join an ANG chapter but have nothing local, or if you can't make it to meetings, or if (like me) you're looking for additional opportunities to take needlework classes, you may want to join the CyberPointers chapter.
The chapter has its own website: www.cyberpointers.org. The meetings will be conducted via email lists through Yahoo groups. If you sign up in the next day or so, you can participate in the chapter's very first meeting that starts Thursday and runs through the weekend.
A very dedicated team has been working for two hard years to bring this about, getting through many legal and logistical issues. Thank you to that team for your perseverance!
Here are the "Top Ten" reasons to join CyberPointers, as listed by Elizabeth Z, who played a major role in making this happen:
10. A place on the web to meet stitchers and chat about everything needlepoint.Yes, I've joined already. Chapter dues are only $18. If you're not already a member of ANG, you'll have to pay National dues also. With TK (The Kid, remember?) on the way, I figure I'll be missing quite a few local meetings in the next few years, but with the online meetings lasting several days, I'll still be able to participate with CyberPointers.
9. Save gas money and help make the world a little greener by joining in meetings right in your own home via computer.
8. Get extra stitching time by not having to drive to a chapter meeting.
7. Fun fundraising projects that include some original designs for the chapter.
6. Join in a group correspondence course and have some friends to stitch with and motivate you to finish.
5. No longer have to be a MAL just because there aren't any chapters near-by.
4. Global community outreach projects that will give you a chance to make the world a better place just by stitching.
3. Access to the Chapter Project Book projects, just like any other chapter.
2. Jim Wurth is teaching the first workshop starting in March.
1. We've all waited 2 long years for this... so let's all show National that we really meant it when we said we wanted a cyber chapter!
It's amazing! The chapter just officially opened on November 1st, but already we've got over 175 members! This is obviously meeting a huge demand. Please join us!