/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Dance: Fabulous Finale

This post not only celebrates the completion of Jim Wurth's Fabulous Finale ornament, but the completion of all 12 ornaments in the dodecagon series!This ornament was a lot of fun to stitch, and it was my first opportunity to stitch with the Finca cotton floss and pearl cottons from the Spanish company Presencia. I did find that the pearl cottons had a few slubs, which were far enough apart that a stitcher could just use the length of thread between the slubs without a problem. The floss was just a tiny bit fuzzier than the DMC I often use. A color card for these threads might be useful, for when I'm trying to find colors that just don't come in Anchor or DMC (like the turquoise family I'm using in My Way).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That ornament is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work. It's a true inspiration.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Done! Congratulations. I hope to see a photo of all twelve once you have them made up. They are really lovely, even if they are [shudder] counted thread....

Jane, who can't count here in CH

Carmen said...

oh! congratulations,is amazing work, and look really great.

Karol said...

Very pretty! Congrats on the finish.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Very pretty :-)

What kind of finishing are you doing with them?

Pierrette =^..^=

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous Jeanne, congratulations

MeganH said...

Wow - that aqua really pops! (and I love the bronze)