/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Friday, November 21, 2008

More on colors in My Way

I really appreciate the comments from the last post. Getting feedback like that really helps me play out all of the options.

I thought that showing a full picture of My Way might help with my point about color balance. When looking at the entire piece, the details of any one area do not really stand out. (Susan, do you agree?) If anything does look out of place after I get the rest of the blocks partially done, I can always reevaluate.
As for using a yellow/cream in the area under discussion in the last post (the little 1/4 circle in the bottom left), the colors don't really show up well in the pictures. Cyn, the area you pointed out in the Watercolours thread isn't really yellow. It's green. Lime green. I intended to keep this color ONLY in the Watercolours, but to be sure to use it in each square as a bit of a "poison" or "kicker" color.

With the other suggestion of using a lighter burgundy with a bit of shine, well, the only thing that fits that description is the thread used in the center of this same block for the crescent stitches. I don't really want to overwhelm that block with too much of one thread.

I realized that I had never posted the latest progress on block C. Here it is with the center, one side, and one corner done.

3 comments:

Karol said...

What a beautiful piece!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the overall look!

Cyn said...

Hi Jeanne,

Cream is really light green... Sigh...

Well, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with that little area. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow