Last night, I finished up the front of the ornament for my cousin's daughter.
This is the first painted canvas I've done without a stitch guide or help from a teacher to start me off. So, what stitches did I use?
- The bottom of the stocking is stitched in nobuko stitch with Vineyard Silks Shimmer. This thread is also used to outline the cuff of the stocking in continental tent.
- The trees are done in a vandyke stitch variation in Mandarin Floss.
- Beads are used as the red dots.
- The ribbon is in Mandarin Floss too - cashmere stitch for the drawstring, and padded spiral satin stitch for the bow.
- The letters are cross stitched with two strands of Mandarin Floss.
- The cuff is stitched in Fuzzy Stuff. I used basketweave around the letters, and hungarian stitch in the more open background areas.
Thanks to Kathy Schenkel for such a fun canvas! I enjoyed figuring out how to stitch it.