/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Saturday, September 29, 2007

WIP: Scottlee

This week (as you can tell) I haven't felt like posting much. In the evenings I've been checking my email, having dinner, sitting down to stitch, and, on one or two evenings, falling asleep over my needlework! I guess that's what comes of getting up early to make it into work early - but rarely getting out early! Anyway - on to the stitching...

I picked up Jean Hilton's Scottlee for the first time in a long time! Jean has only taught this piece twice, once at an ANG or EGA seminar a few years back, and earlier this summer in Phoenix, Arizona. I was not in either of these classes, but one of the stitchers from her seminar class finished the piece and very generously gave me the chart!

This week I finished up the edge of the large outer border and made some progress on the red & gold inner border. Here's what it looks like so far.If you'll look closely, you'll see that the border has lots and lots and lots of Jessicas (the round stitches in the picture). Lots. As in 166 of them. I tended to do some of them and then go on to stitch something else for a while. When complete, there will be well over 200 Jessicas in this piece, of various sizes and shapes. Luckily, I like this stitch!

Today I'm going to a local "Apple Fest" with my Mom (appropriately enough, for this post, in a town called Hilton!). Gotta love fresh homegrown produce, and here in NY state we have some of the best apples - of many varieties.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't have good computer access when I first saw this, but I do want to say that this is gorgeous. I can't wait to see it finished.

Jeanne said...

Kathryn, I always appreciate your comments! I hope to work on this more in October - after I catch up on the mystery sampler!