/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Almost Done with Hearts & Flowers!

I haven't posted about Hearts & Flowers in a few days, but I have been making progress. Today I should be able to finish couching the long stitches at top, bottom, left, and right, and adding some filler stitches in these areas.

What might take a bit more time is to add the 5 beads to each Jessica stitch (the round ones outside the center square and hearts) - that's right, 240 beads. That will likely delay the finish by a day or two!

By the way, I tried to find a web page with instructions for a simple, small Jessica stitch like these, but was unsuccessful. I found one with a large square Jessica, and one with an oval Jessica, though. If anybody wants to know how to stitch tiny Jessicas like these (over 4x4 threads), let me know and I'll try to draw a diagram.

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Very pretty!

Sandy said...

Wow that's gorgeous, I've never seen anything stitched like this. You did great. TFS.

Jeanne said...

Thank you, ladies! Sandy, welcome to the world of counted canvas work!

Cheryl said...

Wow, that piece looks incredible

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous, great progress

Anita said...

Wow, this is so pretty. I have never seen anything like this.
Great finishing and stitching.