/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Framed Mystery Sampler

Tonight I picked up my framed Mystery Sampler. Because of the borders on this piece, I found it did not need a mat. Rather, it looked best with just a simple frame. I tried several cherrywood frames, but they were all too red. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the sampler is stitched in a cranberry color, almost a red-violet. (Specifically, it's Winterberry 1431 from Vikki Clayton.) So, instead of a true cherry frame, I went with a dark reddish-brown, and I love how it turned out!
On the current works front, I'm still frogging and restitching acorns. I should be back to working the acorn caps tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Great choice! I just framed a print and found out just how hard it is to MATCH a color, either your thread or your linen. It is much easier to not mat, especially with the stitched border all around.

LovetoStitch99 said...

Looks very good. That is such a lovely project. I have purchased it (part of the second wave) and have not yet started working on it, but looking forward to stitching it.
Pierrette =^..^=