/** Google Analytics script below */ /** end Google Analytics script */

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stumpwork: One framed, one UFO

I haven't had a fairly slow day to show this yet, but last week, I picked up Fantasy Remembered from the framer. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the top mat actually sits about 1/4 inch above the bottom mat, creating even more dimension than the stitching itself. I'm very pleased with how this turned out.

To continue my stumpwork momentum (because I had so much fun with this), I pulled out an old UFO. This picture shows the partially-complete panels and center of Rose's Pyramid, a stumpwork etui by Marsha Papay-Gomola. Marsha taught this class to our EGA chapter a few (3?) years ago. I worked on it for a while, and then it was stored away in a closet.

I'm dragging it out again, and want to start a semi-formal rotation with this, Examplar IV, and Scottlee. I'll switch between them every other day or so. Of course, when the new Jim Wurth ornament arrives, the rotation will go out the window for a week or so until I finish the ornament! :-)

No comments: